Post-G20 Summit Update on EU and US Tax Regulations – What will Change in Global Tax?
Join for a hot-off-the-press update on global tax regulation on the day after the G20 Summit with experts from the OECD, the EU Commission and a U.S. Government Tax Insider.
Our distinguished panelists will discuss OECD, EU, and US Tax Reforms discussed at the G20 meetings, as well as the Obstacles and Challenges we are facing in global tax reform and the status of multilateral efforts impacting the transatlantic economy and especially the digital and gig economies.
Key areas to be covered include:
● The scope of the global digital economy, global tax policy initiatives and tax policy processes
● Current state of the OECD’s global tax reporting framework for the digital and gig economies including BEPS and Pillars 1 and 2. What are the relevant technical details, implementation or enforcement issues, treaty obstacles, policy implications, and political challenges?
● European Commission upcoming activities, coordination with OECD, potential alternative digital tax or minimum tax solutions, information exchange directives and the impact of unilateral actions
● U.S. actions and policies impacting global tax reform initiatives including tax and trade policies, U.S. international tax changes, recent tax regulations, court cases, and Treasury announcements
● Mark Baran, Managing Director, MARKS PANETH [Moderator]
● Mark Prater, Managing Director, Tax Policy Services, PWC US
● Pascal Saint-Amans, Director, Centre for Tax Policy and Administration, OECD
● Benjamin Angel, Director for Direct Taxation, Tax Coordination, Economic Analysis and Evaluation and Acting Director for Indirect Taxation and Tax Administration, DG TAXUD, EUROPEAN COMMISSION