FRIDAY MAY 1ST
4 pm – 5 pm
Update on the State of the Transatlantic Economy
We invite all EACC members across our network to join our kick-off program to a special webinar series to keep you up to date on the economic developments on both sides of the Atlantic and how COVID-19 is affecting business in Europe & the U.S.
We will bring together renowned chief economists from key U.S. and European banks in a fire-side chat to share their views with our audience.
Topics to be discussed in the first program of this series:
U.S.A. – living a pandemic economy
● Services vs manufacturing: pace of change
● Policy response: enough, and soon enough?
Europe – the road to recovery and normalization
● How sharp will the GDP contract and which countries will be hardest hit?
● Government interventions – will they help shorten the impact on the economy or just leave Europe with a legacy of public debt?
● How will the burden be shared across Europe?
● Will Europe avoid the mistakes of 2011/2012?
Both EU & US
● What levers have Central banks left to intervene
● Global outlook: rapid evolution, accumulating shocks
● Fabio Balboni, European Chief Economist, HSBC BANK
● Catherine Mann, Chief Economist, CITI
● Moderator: Ali Velshi, Host of « Velshi » at MSNBC (tbc)